Delivering quality care you can trust
Here are some recent highlights when it comes to delivering consistent quality care to patients at Brigham City Community Hospital:
- The only Utah hospital on the 100 Top Hospitals® National Benchmarks list in 2007; small community hospital category.
- 100% of outpatients were satisfied with the overall nursing care and pleased with the helpful and courteous staff.
- 99% of patients were pleased with the care delivered in the same-day surgery department at this MountainStar hospital.
- 98% of inpatients reported that they were treated as a "person" rather than a "case" at Brigham City Community Hospital.
- 97% of those hospitalized noted the compassion and concern demonstrated by caregivers and staff.
Brigham City Community Hospital is committed to delivering high-quality services to all of our patients. As part of that commitment, we support transparency of hospital performance, quality outcomes and healthcare costs.
When it's time to select a hospital for your care, we encourage you to talk with your personal physician about his or her recommendations. We also suggest that you consider other credible sources of information about hospital quality and performance, including these:
- Health Grades hospital ratings
- Hospital Compare results
- Utah hospital comparison reports
- Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals
- We are accredited by The Joint Commission
Brigham City Community Hospital has been the primary center of medicine for Box Elder County for more than 35 years. Throughout its ownership, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) has remained committed to ensuring that quality medical care is provided to the residents of northern Utah by utilizing the most up-to-date technology available.
- Since 2007, BCCH has maintained a state-of-the-art imaging center, including an in-house MRI, a nuclear medicine scanner and digital mammography.
- In March 2009, a new $1 million outpatient surgery center was completed. The upgrade consists of two GI suites and 14 pre and post-operative rooms providing our same-day-surgery patients with the comfort and privacy they deserve.
- In November of 2011, an Intermediate Care Unit (IMC) was opened to provide our hospital with the capability of monitoring patients with the most up-to-date technology and is staffed 24/7. The IMC is capable of accommodating a variety of patients for observation, post-surgical recoveries, stroke care and more.
- Today, Brigham City Community Hospital is part of the six-hospital MountainStar Healthcare network in Utah, all of which are owned and operated by HCA. Our community hospital is proud to provide personalized, compassionate care through our dedicated physicians, employees and volunteers available to serve 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
More about our history in Brigham City
Numerous hospitals were opened in Brigham City from 1906 to the early 1920s, when Dr. A.D. Cooley converted a home at 400 South and Main into a hospital. In 1935 Dr. Cooley opened the Cooley Memorial Hospital which was purchased by the Call family in 1946. This hospital was operated as the only acute care facility in Brigham City until the opening of Brigham City Community Hospital in 1976.
In 1974, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) founder Dr. Thomas F. Frist met with local physicians to review plans to build a new, modern medical hospital. Groundbreaking for the 50,000 square foot facility was held the following year. Built at a cost of $4.5 million, the contemporary 49-bed Brigham City Community Hospital (BCCH) officially opened its doors to the public on July 31, 1976.
Since 1976, Brigham City Community Hospital has contributed millions of dollars in direct financial benefit to the community. This is reflected in the local, state, and federal taxes that have been paid in addition to payment of salaries and wages, capital funds reinvested, charitable contributions, uncompensated care, public service, and volunteer hours. Scholarships have also been made available to local students who pursue advanced degrees in the healthcare professions.
To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the opening of Brigham City Community Hospital in July of 2001, a complete history of the hospital, was prepared by local author Sarah Yates entitled "Stitches in Time." In this compilation Yates described more than 150 years of people caring for one another including midwives assisting in childbirth and treating illnesses with tonics, herbs and common household solutions.
Proud supporters of our community
We are here to serve our community. Beyond providing healthcare, our hospital is a partner with our community meeting its business, educational and even entertainment needs.
Here is a partial list of community efforts that Brigham City Community Hospital either organized or actively supported in 2011:
- Hospital Sponsored Public Health Fair
- Senior Center Health Fair
- H2U Health Fair (for 1,961 members)
- Perry City Community Health Fair
- Farr West Clinic 5K and Health Fairs
- Mammography Party
- Annual Women’s Forum (for the past 11 years)
- Community/Employee Blood Drives
- EMS Week Open House
- Peach Days First Aid Station & Sponsor
- Rotary Club membership and participation
- Chamber Legislative Committee / Legislative meeting
- Local/County/State/Region Emergency Management Committees
- Annual Business Symposium
- EMS Education Classes/Newsletter
- Donation to help improve local law enforcement training center
- Relay for Life
- United Way / Hope Fund Campaign
- Ask-A-Doctor Newspaper Columns
Flu Clinics/Employer Health Fairs:
- Brigham City Corp.
- Box Elder County
- Storm Products
- Burton Lumber
- Head Start Pre-School
Community Health Education:
- CPR – Healthcare and Community
- Childbirth Preparation
- First Aid
- Cardiac Rehab
- H2U Healthy Conversations
Hospital Switchboard 24/7
Free Physician Referral
Make Same-Day Appointments
Class & Event Registration