COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing the safest and most effective care.
To schedule a tour, call (435) 734-4136.
Our nursing staff are experts at providing compassionate, quality care to moms and babies. Since our approach is family-centered care, we work with you to provide a comfortable and relaxing birthing experience.
We are committed to providing a soothing and tranquil atmosphere for you and your family. Following delivery, you will have your own private room with the option of having your newborn by your bedside or in the nursery so you may rest.
Here are a few reasons we believe you'll prefer having your baby at Brigham City Community Hospital:
- Lower patient-to-nurse ratio ensuring closer customer observation and care
- Every spacious and private birthing suite is designed to ensure your comfort.
- You may choose for family to be present during delivery.
- Ice chips when you are able to eat
- A state-of-the-art central fetal monitoring system
- Pain management to suit your preference:
- 24-hour epidural coverage
- Walking in labor
- Birthing balls
- Movement to find positions of comfort while in labor
After the arrival of your little one, you can relax knowing your baby is receiving high-quality care from our expert nursery staff.
- Dads or another support person may “room in” with you during this special time.
- Hearing tests for newborns.
- Circumcision education and services for newborn boys.
- Kernicterus prevention and jaundice testing and monitoring; light therapy when needed.
- Visiting hours allow family and guests to ooh-and-ahh over your new addition.
- Support from our Lactation Consultant if you choose to breast-feed.
- Our infant security system will protect your baby throughout your hospital stay.
Rest assured with HUGS Infant Security System
Our hospital's HUGS Infant Security System is an automated, fully supervised protection system that utilizes a unique tamper proof tag that is placed around a newborn infant's ankle with an adjustable strap.
Once the tag is in place, it provides a "safe area" for normal movement of the baby such as the maternity ward and nursery areas. However, if the child is brought out of the safe area, an alarm will sound and security doors will lock, helping to prevent any intentional and unintentional infant abduction from our hospital.